Students will make Solar System bracelets. Check out this Solar System Scale Model Calculator.
Students will take notes as Benson explains several astronomy topics.
Students will take notes as Benson explains the life cycles of stars. Gone? Read pages 707-714 (honors 693-699).
Benson will tell students about the test. A study guide will be provided. For other review resources, check out the links below.
CLICK HERE to print a copy of the study guide for the semester final (does not open on some mobile devices). - Benson will provide you with a copy next week.
Below: Links to IMPORTANT Review Resources
1. It is important that you understand the Rock Cycle (several questions). To review watch/listen to this PenCast. It does not work on all mobile devices.
2. This graph will be on the test - CLICK HERE
3. There will be several questions to check your understanding of this Moonphase Exercise
4. Make sure you understand the motion, varying speed, and tail of a comet. Watch this animation
5. There will be a diagram and questions to check your understanding of Giant Springs
6. Honors - One of your level 2 questions will be about the Bakken formation. Read this to review.
7. Honors - One of your level 2 questions will be about the Northern Lights. Read this to review.
Question of the Week
What can we see (Hubble Space Telescope) that indicates there is a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy?