We will go over a couple solar system topics and then learn some basic things about the Sun.
Students will take notes as Benson explains several astronomy topics.
Students will take notes as Benson explains the life cycles of stars. Gone? Read pages 707-714 (honors 693-699).
Benson will tell students about the test and then we will do this KaHoot Review Game. A study guide will be provided. For other review resources, check out the links below. Good luck on finals!
Click here to print a copy of the study guide for the semester final. - Benson will provide you with a copy on Friday.
Below: Links to IMPORTANT Review Resources
1. It is important that you understand the Rock Cycle (several questions). To review read pages 67-69 (honors pages 52-54) and take a look at this animation.
2. This graph will be on the test - CLICK HERE
3. There will be several questions to check your understanding of this Moonphase Exercise
4. Make sure you understand the motion, varying speed, and tail of a comet. Watch this animation
5. There will be a diagram and questions to check your understanding of Giant Springs
6. This diagram will be on the test. The same diagram can be found on page 339 of your text (honors text page 328). You should be able to use principles of superposition and cross-cutting to determine relative ages as you did on the WS: Principles of Geology last winter.
Question of the Week
What can we see (Hubble Space Telescope) that indicates there is a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy?