Friday, March 27, 2020

Attention HLP Science Students:

Greetings from Mr. Benson! (scroll down for information about school work.)

UPDATE - Tuesday, May 5th
Due to the mess created by the school closure, that is the grade you will get for the semester as well (school board recently decided this). If you want to improve your grade (optional), you can do the online assignments.

Here's how it will work for my class (other teachers may be doing it differently) . . . For every 4 online assignments that you successfully compete, I will raise your grade by 10%. IMPORTANT: You need to score at least 8/10 for an assignment to be counted as "successfully completed". Any assignments that you do, must be turned in by May 17th.

Instead of putting the grades into Infinity I will keep track on my clipboard. Then on May 21st, I will put your adjusted grade into Infinity. If you ever want to know what your grade is, just email me - my email is on the sheets that were sent home.

If you are satisfied with your third quarter grade and want that to be your final grade (semester grade), you are not required to do the online work. However, I hope that you will continue to do the assignments because it will be good for you to learn about infectious disease and diabetes.

See you in August! -Benson

Homework Information
When schools first closed I sent home a green "Rewards" workbook that contains 15 short science articles. I also included a worksheet with instructions and spaces to put answers. You should have been reading one article per day and completing the questions - hopefully you've been doing this. If not, it should be easy to get caught up. Finish the reading and questions, then have the answer sheet dropped off at the school some day when your parent/guardian picks up your food.

IMPORTANT: On Tuesday, April 14th we started online instruction. I have a Google Classroom set up with assignments posted. The code to join my Google Classroom is jioig7x. If you need to contact me, my email is included on the sheet that was sent home (or you can contact me through Facebook Messenger).

Listed below are the links that go with the various assignments.

Assignment #1: There are no links for this assignment but you will need Google.com.

Assignment #2: Viruses Video (6:48)

Assignment #3: Antibiotics, Antivirals, Vaccines Video (9:28)

Assignment #4: History.com Page (videos and article)

Assignment #5: WHO site . . . CDC site . . . Smallpox site . . . YouTube Video (4:33)

Assignment #6: No links for this assignment.

Assignment #7: How to Eradicate Smallpox Video (5:45)

Assignment #8: The 1928 Flue Pandemic Video (6:38)

Assignment #9: Corona vs. the Flu Video (6:31)

Assignment #10: Mechanical Ventilation Video (3:25) . . . Respiratory Therapy Website . . . Optional UM College Site

Assignment #11: How Your Digestive System Works Video (4:56)

Assignment #12: Diabetes and the Body Video (8:45)

Assignment #13: Symptoms and Complications of Diabetes Video (3:51)

Assignment #14: Complications of Diabetes Video (2:33) . . . Amputations Video (1:24)

Assignment #15: Awakening the Spirit Video (11:36) . . . Valerie's Story Video (6:33)

Optional/Recommended: Stay updated on current events. CLICK HERE to watch CNN 10.

2 comments:

  1. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man herbalist Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whats App him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MALARIA , BACTERIA DIARRHEA, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, KIDNEY DISEASE,, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, OSTEOPOROSIS, RABIES RHEUMATISM, THYROID, GALLSTONE, COLD & FLU, DENGUE, HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE, PROSTATE, CIRRHOSIS, DENGUE FEVER, SCABIES, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, SMALLPOX,  PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION. etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2349010754824 website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from autism, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered autism in 2017 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always had difficulty with communication , and he always complained of poor eye contact . We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to autism . I never imagined autism has a natural cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on other diseases like HIV/AIDS,HERPES, CANCER,DIABETES,FIBROID,LUPUS,NS,HPV,AND MORE   [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]  on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story  

    ReplyDelete